National Monument Association

Off-road Driving

Four-wheel Driving, Dirt Biking, and All-terrain Vehicles (ATVs)

Many roads and trails outside the monument are open to off-highway vehicles (OHVs) registered with the state of California. Motorized vehicles are allowed only on designated roads in the monument (no trails). Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs) show where you can legally drive and are available for free at forest offices, along with information on current road conditions.